DIY Thomas the Train 3D Valentine
Hop on the valentine train with this homemade Thomas!
The best part? Most of this DIY train is made of candy!
- 4 mini chocolate bars?
- Number stickers?
- 2 twist ties?
- 2 square taffy candies?
- 6 chocolate coins?
- Small Thomas face printout?
- Colored tape (black, red, and blue)?
- Mini chocolate candy canister
- Using the black tape, wrap a thick stripe near the top of the mini candy canister.?
- Create three thin stripes using the red tape.?
- Add a number sticker to the right of the red stripes. It's already starting to look like Thomas!?
- Using the red tape, stack and wrap together two mini chocolate bars (still in their original foil wrappins). Repeat with the remaining pair.
- Using the blue tape, wrap the two taffy candies (still in their original wax wrappings) so they're side-by-side. Add a strip of black tape to the top of the wrapped taffies.?
- Apply glue dots to the tops of the red-wrapped pairs of mini chocolate bars. Secure the candy canister on top.?
- Use glue dots to attach the blue-wrapped taffies to the top of the canister, with the black stripe facing up.?
- Add three chocolate coins across the width of each side on the bottom by also using more glue dots.?
- Glue on a twist tie across each set of wheels.?
- Glue on the Thomas face printout to the flat top of the candy canister. Ta da!
Amanda Kingloff is the author of Project Kid and Project Kid: Crafts That Go! She posts fresh craft ideas weekly at?Project Kid?and regularly contributes to national magazines.?This craft is not for use by children under three years of age.