DIY Train Felt Board
The best part? You can rearrange the scenery!
In collaboration with Project Kid
A little colored felt, some glue, and a pair of scissors go a long way in creating this cool felt board craft!
- Foam board?
- Blue, green, and other colored felt?
- Silver pipe cleaners?
- Cardboard rectangle?
- Craft glue?
- Step one: Glue blue felt to board.?
- Step two: Using the chalk, draw a background onto the green felt, and then cut out and glue to the blue board.?
- Step three: Attach frame by taping it to the back of the board.?
- Step four: Trace cardboard rectangle to create train shapes and then cut out train details.?
- Step five: Trace coin and cut out to create wheels. Glue everything together to finish train(s).?
- Step six: Make train tracks by cutting out thin strips of brown felt and then gluing pipe cleaners to the strips.?
- Step seven: Cut out sun, clouds, and trees to create scenery.?
Amanda Kingloff is the author of Project Kid and Project Kid: Crafts That Go! She posts fresh craft ideas weekly at?Project Kid?and regularly contributes to national magazines.?This craft is not for use by children under three years of age.